Information for New Members
Waikiki Toastmasters at the 20th Anniversary Dinner on September 29, 2016.
WHAT CAN YOU GAIN?
- Club members will help you improve your speaking, listening, thinking and leadership skills.
- You might discover hidden abilities and awaken latent talents.
- You will expand your vision of the role of communication.
- You will increase your self-esteem.
- You will increase your value on the job market.
- You will become a part of a group of mutually supportive people and create new friendship.
WHO ARE TYPICAL TOASTMASTERS?
Toastmasters members come from all walks of life – they might know each other form their workplace, civic and social groups, or neighborhoods, Many bring their friends and relatives, anyone who is interested in personal growth.
Is English your second language? No worries, Waikiki Club is a diverse and supportive club with several members who were born outside the US.
5 REASONS TO JOIN WAIKIKI CLUB
- Price: At about $60 per 6 months, the Toastmasters program is extremely cost-effective.
- Time: Waikiki Toastmasters meet for one hour every two weeks. You will appreciate the relatively minimal time commitment. You can choose how fast you will be advancing in your selected educational program.
- Convenience: We are conveniently located behind Kaimuki Middle School, an ideal location for members living in Kaimuki, Kahala, Waialae, Wilhelmina Rise, Moilili, Waikiki, or Hawaii Kai. The parking is plentiful and free.
- Quality: Millions of people have benefited from Toastmasters since the organization was founded in 1924. The educational materials are continually updated to provide the best learning experience.
- Fun: Club meetings are non-intimidating, with a friendly and fun atmosphere. Waikiki Toastmasters proudly labels itself as the most supportive and laid back club in Hawaii.